One of the core things many people like to do when on holiday is to enjoy a drink or two; whether you are looking for something alcoholic or non-alcoholic, we have a complete guide to the drink package onboard Cunard.
Table of Contents
From my experience sailing onboard Cunard, when it comes to the quality and range of drinks available, I was not let down. Especially when it came to cocktails, there is nothing worse than getting excited by a cocktail menu to find the drink is poorly made or made using cheap syrups, leaving them tasting artificial and overly sweet.
However, that wasn’t the case during our time onboard Cunard. You will find a wide range of options, regardless of your tipple of choice. The menus had good mix to choose from, covering all tastes. I’d highly recommended trying their own Gin blends named after their three Queens (i.e. the ships) – Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth, which Pickering’s Gin distils.
Queen Victoria Chart Room Cocktail Lounge
While sailing on Queen Victoria, The Chart Room was a highlight, offering a collection of curated cocktails unique to the line, each taking inspiration from different constellations, a nice tie into the seafaring hallmark of the timeless cruise line.
This beautiful bar is located right on the heart of the ship, with multiple bar countertops, lots of plush seats and booths, and extra seating out in the grand lobby offering ample opportunities for those who love to people watch.
Cunard is on the more traditional side of the cruise industry; they like to refer to it as timeless, and after experiencing it first-hand, we can understand why they distinguish between the two.
Whilst the ship does lean into its heritage, it’s more a celebration of the leisure cruise heritage; rather than being held by it, you will find plenty of modern luxuries onboard and a relaxed luxury experience you may not first think when Cunard comes to mind, but it has its heart firmly on the timeless romantic era of the Ocean Liner, which is hard not to fall in love with whilst being spoilt with amazing food and cocktails.
When it comes to what’s included in your cruise fare package, and may come as an extra charge, they are in line with most other mainstream cruise lines, however i will say their packages are definitely more about the guest and how they like to enjoy a drink on their holiday, and not about forcing you to take our a one size fits all package.
Like most lines, everyone in the cabin does need to purchase the same level of drinks package for their age, i.e. all adults need the same adult drinks package, and kids will have to have a drinks package if sailing with adults.
These packages can be purchased before you sail and start at $10 per day. All drink packages are only available on sailings of 5 nights or more, and all will cost slightly more if purchased on the ship. If purchasing on the ship, note that this needs to be done within the first 24hrs of getting on board.
What drinks are included in a Cunard Cruise?
- Tea, coffee, water and fruit juice are available 24 hours a day at the Lido Restaurants on Queen Elizabeth and Queen Victoria, and Kings Court on board Queen Mary 2.
- Water during meals and coffee after meals.
The Drink Packages – Prices correct March 2023
Soft Drinks Basic Package
- $10 per person, per day, inclusive of 15% service charge. On board price is $12 per person, per day, inclusive of 15% service charge
- Unlimited draught soft drinks, selected fruit juices, squash and cordials.
Speciality Hot Drinks Package
- $12.50 per person, per day, inclusive of 15% service charge. On board price is $15 per person, per day, inclusive of 15% service charge
- Savour unlimited illy speciality coffees, Tea Forté infusions and hot chocolates, whenever you please.
Premium Soft Drinks Package
- $30 per person, per day, inclusive of 15% service charge. On board price is $35 per person, per day, inclusive of 15% service charge
- Enjoy a range of soft drinks, small bottled waters, juices, speciality hot drinks, and non-alcoholic cocktails,
- Receive a 20% discount on any non-alcoholic drinks not already included.
Beers, Wines and Spirits Package
- $70 per person, per day inclusive of 15% service charge On board price is $75 per person, per day, inclusive of 15% service charge
- With this package you will enjoy an incredible array of beers, wines by the glass, spirits, liqueurs, and cocktails up to $13 per serving, as well as all the benefits of the Premium Soft Drinks Option.
- You’ll also receive a 20% discount on drinks retailing above $13, some bottles of wine, Cunard Wine Academy, and Cocktail Master Class activities.
- 15 Alcoholic Drinks per day, a day runs 6am – 6am
- Our wine collections are a perfect choice for those who adore wines of all varieties. Each has been designed to showcase the best the world of wine offers and can be enjoyed in our restaurants, bars, or in the comfort of your stateroom. Choose between two delicious collections, or create your own, and enjoy additional discounts on other bottles purchased.
- This tempting collection features wines from around the world including six delicious whites, a refreshing rosé, and seven sumptuous reds, each chosen for their superb quality. In addition, save up to 10% off regular wine list prices.
- Our finest collection includes wines highly celebrated by critics and guaranteed to delight you. Carefully curated by our experts to offer the highest quality along with splendid diversity, this collection offers up to 20% off regular wine list prices.
Create Your Own Collection
- For a truly tailor-made wine experience, select your choice of fine wines from either the Captain’s or Commodore’s collections. You can opt for either 6 or 12 bottles from each and enjoy savings of up to 20% when compared to buying each bottle individually.
For Full Terms and Conditions of these packages please follow this link to Cunard’s Website